It's another one of those massive arrivals of new crop lots, so here's the list:
- Costa Rica La Horqueta "Top 50": A nuanced, delicate cup from the top 50 meter swath of this Costa Rica Estate
- El Salvador Cup of Excellence -Bella Vista: This was the 9th place lot, and my personal #1; dense body, nutty, creamy, and some neat fruited aromatics.
- El Salvador Cup of Excellence -Siberia: A very "Bourbon" type cup, balanced, chocolatey, dense body.
- Brazil Cerrado Screen-Dried Moreninha Formosa: Arriving Monday, a full body, low-acid and chocolatey cup.
- Peru FTO Cuzco -Ccochapampa Coop: Surprisingly complex, with floral-herbal hints, balanced brightness.
- Ethiopia FTO Harar -Trabocca Oromia: Rustic Harar coffee with banana and mango fruit notes, good bittersweets.
- Ethiopia Organic Yirgacheffe: A late-crop arrival, very fresh cup, with citrusy kumquat, floral notes and winey finish.
- Kenya AA Nyeri -Ruarai Coop: Bright but not "twist-your-tongue-off" acidity, with rose-like floral notes and light body.